Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Who Will Help The Poor?

Young mother Erarra , with her baby Isaac, and her Aunt Celina 

Celina holding another baby

Isabella snacking on powered milk 
While picking mango the other day I stumbled across this group of ladies (there were two more not pictured) and five babies. Two of the babies I was told were only 13 days old. They even let me hold one of them, the little guy in the top photo in yellow, his name is Isaac. Every year around Christmas time these poor people come from different parts of Brazil, and converge on Brasilia, in hope that people will take pity on them and give them gifts, mainly, food and clothing. When I ask them how I could help them they said they just needed clothes for the babies. About that time three cars pull up and a guy named Cristiano got out with his family and some other people with gift for the little ones and food. He told me that every year at his place of work he ask his co-worker for donations of food and clothing for the poor that come to Brasilia, every year. He said that this year not a lot of people wanted to come with him as in previous years. When I asked him why he said that a lot of his friends and co-workers are scared of these people. It made me realize that in life we hold back and don't do things because of fear. I pray that in 2015 I will not let fear stop me from doing what God has planned for my life.  2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Matthew 26:11 You will always have the poor among you.

No comments:

Post a Comment